Illustration Friday – Wheel

" Wheel ", by Carolina Buzio

I missed participating in Illustration Friday! I like the result… maybe one day I’ll turn it into a screen-print… maybe… one day…

Oh, I also tried other colour schemes (instead of 2 colours these would have 3)… which one do you like best?

" Wheel ", by Carolina Buzio

" Wheel ", by Carolina Buzio

44 Responses to Illustration Friday – Wheel

1. tatjana says:

simple and beautiful, full of movement and great color, congratulations!
    This would be perfect for a print, I like #1 with just 2 colors best. I’m going to check out the rest of your work now, bye :)

• CBuzio says:

Thank you so much for the comment and feedback, tatjana! I am in the process of finding some screenprinting places in Berlin, so I suppose that thought end up driving the style of the illustration and the number of colours. Have a nice “walk around” in my blog! ;)

2. Helen Naylor says:

A really great image, would be perfect for a print. I think I prefer the two colour image at the top.

• CBuzio says:

Thanks, Helen! So far the first picture is winning (and I really want to turn it into a print, my goal is to have an online store until the end of the year! we’ll see how that goes…)

3. Katarzyna says:

Very beautiful illustration :)

4. Anieszka says:

It’s greet :) two colors are the best for me.
    I looove her bottom ;) ver stable ;)

5. Sue says:

So lovely! I vote for 2-color, too!

6. Tia says:

Love it…just wonderful :)

7. Lando says:

O facto de o primeiro ter aquele efeito desbotado dá-lhe outro charme. Não sei se será só disso ou não, mas também gosto mais desse! :)

• CBuzio says:

Sim, verdade! compreendo o que dizes da textura :) Acabei por aplicar esse efeito nesse porque era a minha versão preferida, mas depois fiquei na dúvida em relação às outras duas!

8. Sis says:

Yep, I like the first one better, although I also really like the last one!

AND you must make it available as a print! As something! :D

*** M

• CBuzio says:

I also have a “thing” for the last one, not sure why. I would change her shoes to white and maybe the tiny wheel as well, though.
      It will for sure at least be a postcard/greeting card! Promise! :)

9. Marielle says:

I’m blown away by this image. It’s simpleness and the strong shapes… very effective!

10. Marta says:

love it! navy and pink! so cool! congratulations!

11. I love the two-color version. Let us know when it becomes available as a print!

12. Eduardo says:

The 2 colour for sure!

13. Sandra says:

Great, you will realize the 2 color version :) It is my favourite as well.
    SMIL does screenprinting in Berlin, maybe you know her already: http://blog.smil.biz/

• CBuzio says:

I did not know it, thank you so much for the link, Sandra! I’ll contact to know the prices :)
      Btw, I just checked your website… and those vikings are the cutest thing ever! You got a fan in me!

14. Nancy says:

Definitely the first one is the best.

15. Very graphic and cool.

16. If you can use only two colors and make it look stunning, you don’t need to add a third one. ;)
    It’s a neat illustration: strong, simple, and charming. And I love that it has a slightly vintage look!

• CBuzio says:

Haha, so true, Diana! (thanks for the compliment ;)) I must admit that I still have a soft spot for that last colour combination… maybe I’ll just use the colours in something else!

17. Joey says:

I really love your designs and this one is amazing…very simple and strong.

ps…I LOVE the “focused” design you did.

• CBuzio says:

thank you so much, Joey! I’m happy you like it… and that you took the time to walk around my portfolio! (that was were you found “focused”, right?) :)

18. Jane Newland says:

I absolutely LOVE the first one! But I also really like the other two!! A beautiful illustration.

19. Very beautiful!I love two colors version.I love your style.
    By the way,it looks like fun of 30 day drawing challenge.
    I’ll try it,too.But I may begin slowly.

20. Nick says:

I like the first one the best, I am really enjoying the quality of the lines that make up the wheels.