Day 24 – A Couple

Here’s the twenty-fourth illustration for the 30 Day Drawing Challenge!

"A Couple", by Carolina Buzio

I’ve been researching about places where I can screenprint or riso print (a cheaper alternative which is somewhere between screenprinting and industrial printing places) so that idea end up influencing the style! It took me a long time to translate the idea I had in my head using only 2 colours and the white of the paper into something that works. It’s also the first time I thought it from scratch with the idea of playing with the way inks get darker when they are on on top of the other.

Anyway (sorry for the technological mumbo-jumbo back there) here is a couple that might end up as a print :)

edit: it’s now available as a digital print! go here:

18 Responses to Day 24 – A Couple

1. Lando says:

Like! Muito! :)

2. Tia says:

Lindos! Adoro!

3. Katarzyna says:

I love this technique, and it is not so simple as it seems ;)
    Wonderful illustration!

4. Joanna says:

Love the simplicity and the feeling, well done!
    You have truly beatiful work on your web pages.

5. I really love this print — it looks just like me and my boyfriend. (Right down to the striped pajamas, too!) Am wondering if you will be making prints of this for sale? I would love to purchase one.

• CBuzio says:

Hi there Nicole! Thank you so much for being interested!
      I’m planning on opening an online shop in October (probably on etsy) so keep an eye on this blog for updates! ;)
      this one will be featured as a print… but I’m not sure yet if it will be a screenprint or a normal, archival-quality print. Any suggestions?

6. I’m not sure how you got in my room and drew exactly what my boyfriend and I look like while sleeping, but I love the result! I would definitely be interested in a print of this if you make them.

7. bia says:

Hi Carol, do u sell this illustration, what is the size and price of the screenprint?

thanks

B

• CBuzio says:

Hi Bia!
      Right now I only have it as a digital print, but if I find the time I’ll have a screenprint ready in december!
      The digital print is 30×40 cm.

Thanks for asking! I’m glad you like it :) (and keep an eye on this blog, I’m preparing my online shop which should be up in november!)

8. Julie says:

Hi,

I’d like to know if it possible to buy a print of this illustration? It is truly beautiful!

Thanks!
    Julie

• CBuzio says:

Hi Julie!

First of all, thank you so much for your interest!
      After a few set backs, the online shop is finally ready to open… which will happen tomorrow! It will be available as a postcard and as a digital print of 30x40cm (11.8 x 15.7 inches) on etsy.
      The screenprint isn’t ready yet but if you want to know when that happens, you can either keep an eye on this blog or Like my facebook page! ( http://www.facebook.com/carolinabuzioillustration )

thanks again,
      Carolina

9. I love this! So sweet. Is it available as a print?

Thank you!