Family Custom Portrait

Family Sleeping by Carolina Buzio

I got a beautiful request a couple of months ago: to illustrate a family in their favourite shared moment, when they all sleep together in their big bed. I suggested adding a night blanket so that the space is not specific… is it a real space? Or are they dreaming? That way I was also able to add a star representing the boy’s twin brother who died soon after birth.

The inspiration piece that made this family contact me was my couple snuggling in bed (and I guess you can see that with the perspective and colours), but a different technique was used to allow for a certain warmth given by the hand-drawn look of the lines and their features.

9 Responses to Family Custom Portrait

1. dear carolina, someone forwarded this picture to me on mother’s day. it’s so freaking beautiful i wanted to cry a little. any chance this drawing will make it into a postcard? i have so many parent friends i’d love to send it to. kind regards

• CBuzio says:

Hello! Aww, thank you so much for your kind words. Unfortunately this was a custom illustration for a family (that is a “real” family that you see!) so I don’t think I’ll be adding them as postcards to the shop. I can ask the customer anyway, but I suspect the answer will be no…
      Kind Regards,
      Carolina

2. Gary Meadowcroft says:

Carolina

This is just beautiful and it’s as if you created this for me and my family. The story behind the illustration is so heartbreaking, but shows such a loving family and a true reflection of what happens when you have kids – they always end up in your bed!.

You should sell these, amazing!

Do you have a shop?

All the best

Gary

3. Rhiannon guppy says:

Hello, I’m really interested in a similar custom piece I truly love this! Can you email me with price etc many thanks Rhiannon

4. Alessio says:

Hi Caroline,
    I would like this illustration printed on a poster sooooo much!
    Is that possible? :

• CBuzio says:

Hi Alessio! This illustration was a custom commission for a very specific family (those characters were inspired by them!) so unfortunately that will not be possible. But if you’d like me to make a custom illustration for you we can discuss prices:
      just send me an e-mail to hello@carolinabuzio.com

Thanks!

5. Serena Janssen says:

Hello Carolina
    I love your idea and illustration for the family drawing.
    I’m really interested in a custom piece for my family of your hand. Is this possible, I live in the Netherlands.

I hope to hear from you, so we can talk about it.
    Kind Regards Serena